HSK/HSKK Chinese proficiency testing
In recognising the importance of Mandarin skills in an increasingly globalised climate, the Confucius Institute at the University of Queensland encourages students of the language to test their skills in the form of the HSK and HSKK.
The standard HSK test (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) is available to scholars of all ages. The HSK Speaking Test (HSKK) assesses the test takers’ ability to express themselves in oral Chinese and is an important part of the Chinese testing system. These are standardized exams for Chinese language proficiency and are aimed at non-native Chinese speakers of all levels. The HSK/HSKK are a highly valued tool used in the assessing those with aspirations for study, research and employment in China.
Students who excel at the higher HSK levels may also be eligible for support offered by the China National Committee for Chinese Proficiency Test for study in China.
- Evaluate your Mandarin abilities
- Receive official recognition for your language skills
- Results may be useful for study and work applications to China
- Expand vocabulary through the test preparation materials (available online - refer below)
- 2016 Test dates at UQ are March 20, April 16, September 11 and October 16.
- 2017 Testing dates yet to be released.
- HSK $35 to $75 (depending on level)
- HSKK $35 to $75 (depending on level)
- Please complete your registration via the HSK Webportal: www.chinesetest.cn
- Make the test payment via UQ's Online Payment System (fee will automatically appear once test level is selected). A receipt will be generated.
- After completing the application form, please send a copy of the test fee receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified about the test admission ticket (after payment confirmation and registration) no later than 10 days prior to the testing date.
Test takers may also be interested in undertaking a Test Preparation course. Visit HSK/YCT Preparation Courses for further information (note that preparation course fees also include test registration costs - may not be available for all levels of HSK testing)
Please direct your questions regarding the HSK/YCT to email@example.com.